19.10.10

Patience & Mail

So, its no secret that I buy most of my fabric online.  Even with shipping and the odd time I have to pay customs, it is still cheaper to purchase fabric from the US.  Do I feel unpatriotic for not supporting local businesses?  No.  Do I feel smug about getting a good deal?  Uh, YEAH!


I soothe my patriotic side by reminding myself that most of the popular designers right now are not available at my local quilt shops.  Last summer I went on a "shop hop" to my four local shops and not one of them had Joel Dewberry, Denise Schmidt, Heather Ross, Heather Bailey, Anna Maria Horner, Paula Prass...you get my drift?  None of them.  Modern fabric in these shops are narrowly limited to Moda designers, Kaffe Fassett, and Amy Butler.  Not that these aren't lovely, but I was a tad jealous of my online friends having access to such variety!


After that, I starting shopping almost solely online.  Not only do I get much better selection and prices, but who doesn't love getting mail?


Yesterday I was delighted to come home to my parcel box full of packages from my online shopping and my quilting bees.  Seven packages awaited me!  SEVEN!  Yay!  Ordered/sent on very different dates, so though I was thrilled that it was such a good mail day, I have to wonder - is my mail being hoarded at the border?


Hmph.  Someone over there certainly wants to teach me some patience.


Pictures as requested :) 
Sorry for the picture quality, I haven't been able to make it home before dark this week.
From left to right: 1. Fresh Scrap pack from Hawthorne Threads 2. Khristian A Howell's High Society fat quarters from Hawthorne Threads 3. Heather Bailey's Ellie & Ollie pattern from Fabric Closet 4. Various Polka Dot fabrics from Hawthorne Threads 5. All my packages stacked up neatly 6. Ravishing in Red Bee fabric for October 7. Moody Blues Bee fabric for October 8. Sew 2 Speak Bee fabric for October 9. Sneak peek of the quilt I am making for the Mini QT Swap (this didn't come in the mail, but I needed a ninth picture)

2 comments: