14.8.10

Progress!

I have been working today on finishing up my projects for Modern Swappers so that I can be ready to mail this week.  Since I live in Canada and my partner doesn't, I want to mail out as soon as I can, to make up for the delay going over the border.  So far I have finished the handmade item, picked out the fabric to send and am almost finished the mini-quilt I made as decoration for my partner's sewing room.  All I have left is to bind the mini-quilt and all is finished, woo-hoo!

Now, since this is a blind swap, I can't show the handmade item in its entirety because it would giveaway who is my partner, but I took some pictures as a little tease.






Last week I was also busy working on some other projects, for myself (gasp!).  Sometimes it feels like between all of the bees and projects I never have time to work on my own projects.  But, with all that I am learning from all of my fellow quilters, it really doesn't bother me at all!

I mentioned in a past post that I won a giveaway for a gift card for The Fat Quarter Shop, and with my win I purchased a charm pack of kona cotton solids (among other things) to make this quilt:


It was quite easy, but I think it is rather effective!  It doesn't have an intended recipient yet, but I think it makes a cute little baby quilt.  Might even help teach a child their colours!

No comments:

Post a Comment